Sunday, August 24, 2008

Long Cruise Quotes

by Rebecca

Do you wonder what scouts (and leaders) talk about on a week long cruise? I have the answer right here.

These are select quotes from the week. A lot of them may not make sense to those who were not on the cruise. (Some don't even make sense to those of us on the trip.)

Tuesday:

"There's always a bigger fish." - Gus

"That's my line!" - Daniel

"When we have to do the amputation, you're not going to be able to walk very well." - Skipper Shay

"There's a really big lump on the dingy. Oh, wait, that's Gus." - David

"Daniel's actually going to be quiet." - Mate Dan

"I sometimes wish I was a girl." - Gus

"A helpful scout is a happy scout." - Skipper Shay

"Dog is quite tasty." - Skipper Shay

"If you have anything disgusting, Gus will eat it." - Mate Dan

"This is not going to be something we will enjoy." - Daniel

"Time to torture the scouts!" - Skipper Shay

Wednesday:

"Who's Willy Nilly?" - Gus

"Anchor fun, Aaron." - Skipper Shay

"Super Shay!" - Gus

"Everybody watch what you say, she's got her quote book out again." - Daniel

"Wake up Gus, wake up!" - Caitlín

"Daniel, wake up!" - Everyone (said multiple times during the trip)

"I have a question. When do we sail?" - Skipper Shay on the Sultana tour

"Rotten brain cells." "What?" - Skipper Shay and Daniel

"Gus is so funny." - Skipper Shay

"I like potatoes!" - Gus

"I'm not good at pickpocketing small stuff." - Daniel

"Why are you pinching your temple?" "I don't have anything else to do." - Daniel and Gus

"I like pie!" - Daniel

"Bunnies are best." - Gus

"How shallow is super shallow?" "2.7 feet." Captain Nichols and Mate Dan

"Did she taste like root beer?" - Gus

"I'm a little evil, but not that evil." - Daniel

"Geez, we shouldn't talk around her." - Daniel

"Isn't that what fishing is: an excuse to drink beer?" - Skipper Shay

"Have you licked the skin off yet?" - Skipper Shay

"He puts powder on his wrist, then eats it." - Caitlín

"Boater's foot. We're not sure we want to know exactly what that is." - Skipper Shay

"Tie an overhand knot around something." "Ok." (Caitlín pretends to do it around David's neck.) - David and Caitlín

"Just enjoy bossing the boys around." - Skipper Shay

"That's the last quote you get from me, missy." - Skipper Shay

"Is that the bathtub boat?" - David

"Is there such a thing as bad ice cream?" "Yes, bubble gum flavored." - Skipper Shay and Mate Dan

"Are you eating your hand again?" - Daniel

"Gus, you don't have to eat your hand, you can eat cookies." - Caitlín

"He was checking his eyelids for light leaks." - Captain Nichols

"You look like you're wearing lipstick." - Caitlín to Gus

"Scrambled brains and monster guts." - Skipper Shay

"It's the Ninja Café." - Daniel, Caitlín, Rebecca to Gus

"Boys, you're creeping me out!" - Caitlín

Thursday:

"The tropical mix has red stuff in it. That's the only difference." - David

"Girly tea." "It's tea that bites back." - Mate Dan and Skipper Shay

"Tell me that's not beautiful." "That's not beautiful." - Skipper Shay and Mate Dan

"For a moment I thought that was Gus in the boat." "His sneaking skills have improved." - Skipper Shay and Caitlín (A boat passing us had a person who looked like Gus)

"Most of the scouts are un-ironed." - Mate Dan

"Pump out boat, pump out boat, pump out boat, this is Der Pelikan." - Captain Nichols

"1.333333 eggs!" - Caitlín

" I wonder what a jellyfish elf would look like." - Caitlín

"Did we run out of cookies?" "Yes, you ate them all." - Daniel and David

"Do we have a dollar store around here?" "No, what are you thinking?" - Daniel and everyone

"Buy canned fried bananas at the dollar store." - Daniel

"Then you'll look like an alien and bleed to death." - Skipper Shay

"My shirt does smell funky." - Daniel

"I wish Rebecca forgot her pen." - Mate Dan

"The tentacles of the squid are the best part." - Daniel

"That tasted good. Although a few hours later, I threw up." - Gus

"Mushy, smooshy, cookies." - Gus

"Ha! Black socks." "Ha! White socks." - Gus and Caitlín

"The weather, not the company." - Skipper Shay

"So, because it's me, you're going to try the shrimp?" - Gus

"No one else is mild, it's just your imagination." - Gus

"Red delicious are disgusting." - Caitlín

"Amazingly David and I agree on something." - Caitlín

Friday:

"Point 1, Point 2, Point 3!!" - David

"If it's evil, eat it." - Skipper Shay

"The wings are not on fire." - David

"I've spent more time in the engine room than in the cockpit." - Captain Nichols

"This cheese is scary." - Caitlín

"Peace, love, gotta cut your hair." - Daniel

"So if I try to grab anything, I'll have to do it like this." (makes a gesture) - Caitlín

"No whining in the ship." - Skipper Shay

"The great big notebook of quotes." - David

"So next time you have a long cruise, the scouts will be in charge of everything. The adults will just sit here and watch." - Skipper Shay

"You were starved for a sailing experience." - Captain Nichols

"I'm always with the girls." - Gus

"If I'm lucky, it will scar." - David

"Your name's Kitty, so she should pet you." - Daniel

"It's covered in seagull poop. Don't touch it." - Skipper Shay and Caitlín

"Can I lick you?" - Gus

"I'm ready to set fire to this place." - Gus

"We're trying to make sure we don't crash into anything." - David

"My eyes are 3.2 nautical miles apart." - David

"Mine are 3.1 nautical miles." - Caitlín (about her eyes)

"Hello Kitty is crying." - Caitlín

"We're on a boat, it's rocking." - Skipper Shay

"We're sailing until midnight." - David

"Soup gloop sounds more appetizing than poop gloop." - Skipper Shay

"Three Crazy Ladies is one store." "Why add one more." Captain Nichols and Mate Dan

"Get the Sea Scouts to pluck it." - Skipper Shay

Saturday:

"Why is it wet?" - Gus

"Adults are creepy." - Caitlín

"Make me a steak." - David

"One of the two of them. Space cadets." - Skipper Shay

"Oh yeah, well my two rabbits are slightly more interesting than all of you combined." - Gus

"We don't care about the old members." - Caitlín

"Daniel is making weird monkey sounds." - Caitlín

"You have an extra bathtub?" - David

"They have four, but might have one and might have two." - David

"English is a stupid language." - David

"Bring your sister. I'll pay you." - Gus

"People are such idiots, I swear." - Caitlín

"Did Gus get attacked by ducks again?" - Mate Dan

"They're girls, you're never going to understand them, so just talk." - David to Gus

"I used to be a tree hugger, but then I decided it would be more fun to watch it all burn down." - Gus

"Massage your sleeping bag with a cow that has been soaked overnight in a sock full of warm Amp." Everyone doing a mad-lib

"The bride wore a long wet potato with goopy edging." Mad-lib

"When she enters a room, people always stare at her and say 'Frick!'" Mad-lib

2 comments:

Caitlín said...

These quotes are so great! I still laugh at them when I read them. Thanks for keeping track of them all. I'm sure we wouldn't have remembered even half of them if not for you. :-)

Shay Seaborne said...

I don't think I said any of those things! OK, except for the one about amputations...