Wednesday, March 19, 2008

der PeLiKan Work Day March 15, 2007

Although I had planned on going on the der PeLiKan workday on Saturday, I did not participate because I was run down from six months of burning my candle at both ends. But I did organize the trip by coordinating with the Friends of Sea Scouts, Maryland folks; promoting the opportunity; keeping a list of those who said they were going; composing and sending emails to them with list of things to bring/wear, directions, where to meet, etc.; creating and filing the Tour Permit; and sending out permission slips. The day of, I took a trip-related phone call at 0700, drove my Scout to meet at the parking lot at about 0745; held a brief muster; and happily sent off the crew and 2 qualified adult leaders--all of whom apparently did a great job. This was the first major function for our unit that I did not lead, and I was just the tiniest bit anxious about not being there. According to Joel David, the group "put on lots of bottom paint. We even got some on the boat besides the kids. I think your folks are well qualified to do the Amanda Grace...Everything went well and they appear to be good group of kids." Kewl. But I knew that last thing. I knew it.

No comments: